As an online entrepreneur, one of the key things you must have is a website. A website is the first step to marketing your business. An eCommerce website's total monthly revenue is directly connected to how much traffic hits the site in the first place. Even if you have a 100% conversion rate on the site, if only one person ever saw it a month it's unlikely that would pay the hosting let-alone time investment you've put into it.
There are many ways to improve the traffic of your website. From "free" solutions like SEO, Content Creation, or Social Media; to paid solutions like Advertisements and coupons. You can increase your website traffic by implementing these tips.
1. Content Creation
Content is one of the most important factors for increasing website traffic. You have to create valuable content that many people will read. Write blog posts about eCommerce websites, businesses, and eCommerce marketing. You can also write about your experiences and knowledge in the field so that other people will read them and learn from them.
If you're using WooCommerce, you're already on a blogging platform: WordPress. If writing those blog posts sounds like a time investment you simply can't afford, you can hire it out on tools like Upwork, Fiverr, Textbroker, etc. They will help you to create quality and unique content. Be careful when purchasing blog posts though. Not every writer is great... and I have yet to buy a blog post and not have to rewrite large portions of it myself.
2. Paid Advertisements
You can use paid advertisements to increase your website traffic. Paid advertisements are different from other advertisement methods like Google Adwords, Bing Ads, etc. Paid advertisements are much more expensive than other advertisement methods, but they are effective.
You have to pay money for each click on the advertisement (PPC). There are different types of paid advertisements that you can use on the internet, like Facebook ads, Google Adwords, Instagram ads, Pinterest, etc. You have to choose the best among these paid advertisements that will most effectively increase your website traffic.
Not sure where to get started? We'll write a blog post on that in the coming weeks, but for now, a great place to begin is Google Ads.
3. Organic Social Media
Social media marketing is a great way to market your business, but you have to be careful while using it. Many people use social media for marketing their business, but they are not successful in getting good traffic. A quick example of a simple social media marketing campaign might look like this:
- Create strong and unique content based on what you want to sell. Make sure that this content is interesting for the target audience so that they can click on it and read it thoroughly.
- Create an attractive landing page. You can also use a catchy eye image of your product or service.
- Connect with other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. You can also create a blog post and make it attractive for visitors.
Generally speaking though, just staying in contact with your customers is a great approach for social media. Have it there to answer questions and tell your audience what's going on in the business. It doesn't have to be rocket science... unless you're selling rockets I guess.
4. Website AnalysisWebsite analysis is a process where you analyze your website and find out its problems. It will help you to fix the issues on your website. You can use different tools like Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, and Pingdom to analyze your site. Many other tools are used to analyze the website, like Google PageSpeed Insights, YSlow, etc. These tools will help you find out the issues related to the website's loading speed and other factors.
5. Time-Sensitive Discounts
There are many types of discounts which can be available on your website. You can offer discounts on different occasions.
For example, you can offer a discount on special days like Christmas, New Year's Day, etc. You can use this type of discount to attract more visitors to your website. Coupons, sales, or BOGOs are all great ways to get people talking and coming back to your website.
6. Email List Building
Email list building is a very powerful tool that can help you increase your website's traffic. It would be best to use this option while creating your email marketing campaigns. You can use email marketing campaigns to get more visitors from different geographical locations.
This will help you increase the site's traffic. Ensure you send emails routinely so that people do not get annoyed with frequent emails.
Also, provide valuable content to your subscribers so that they will be more interested in reading it and come back frequently for more.
If you're just getting started, consider creating an offer of some kind to get those emails.
7. Community Engagement
Engagement is a critical component of any successful e-commerce site. You should not just provide your buyers with great products but also engage them. You can engage your buyers in a variety of ways.
- You can open your blog up to allow comments, then reply back to those comments directly on the website.
- You can post interesting things about your products on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks.
- You can even create customer service channels where you can easily ask people questions regarding purchasing your product or services online.
By far the best way to promote community engagement is to just start with great services and products and then ask for online reviews. If you're giving customers some quality service and leaving them happy they'll be pretty likely to leave good reviews (if you ask for them). However, if you leave your customers feeling ripped off, or slighted in any way they will just as easily leave bad reviews. Engaging appropriately with both of these is a great way to continue to generate traffic to the website.
8. On-Page SEO
On-page SEO is an essential part of the search engine optimization process. On-page SEO is optimizing your website for the search engines to view it so that the search engine spiders can find it.
There are various ways to optimize your website for the search engines, such as:
- Have well-written content on your website to rank higher in the SERPs.
- Create an attractive website with good quality content so that people can find what they are looking for easily online.
- Optimize the title tags, meta descriptions, and H1 tags of your pages.
- Post your website on social media and other sites so that more people can find your site online.
- Optimize the images on your site so that search engine spiders can see the images better and understand what the image is about.
- You can boost your ranking by adding keywords to your page titles and meta descriptions.
9. Quality BacklinksBacklinks are important for your website to rank better. Ensure you have quality backlinks on your site. It would be best to get quality links from high-authority websites to rank better in the SERPs. It would also be best to get links from relevant websites so that more people can easily find what they want. Consider using link-building tools like Link Builder Pro and Ahrefs to build backlinks on your site to build a large number of backlinks on your site and rank higher in the SERPs.
10. Content Offers
If you want to make money online by selling ebooks or digital swag, you should consider offering content for free on your blog. Offer value-added services and products on your site so that people will want to buy from you. For example. you could offer free ebooks on your site and include the download link in the email.
Also, set up an autoresponder service to send out a weekly, or monthly newsletter to people who have subscribed to your newsletter. You can use MailChimp or AWeber for this purpose. Do be careful about sending too many emails though. That's a quick way to have people unsubscribe from your newsletter entirely.
In conclusion, there are a lot of ways to increase your website traffic. You shouldn't do just one of these either. The best results will come by combining these solutions and tailoring them specifically to your audience. Generally speaking, getting more traffic to your website will increase the revenue that your website generates.